View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 09:48 AM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocherro View Post
I've done a lot of searching and can't find an answer, so here it goes. I bought my 2006 SR5 2WD V6 from my father in law 3 years ago. He owned the car for ~7 years and told me that he had a performance tune put on the car. I believe him because it drives extremely well and does not feel like a typical SUV. He mentioned that he had to pull out his ECU or board in the ECU and send it off to be tuned. He has passed away and so I can't ask him where or how this was done and I can't find any paperwork.

So, my question is, if I buy another 4th gen (in the market for a 4WD), can I swap the board/ECU to the new(er) vehicle to keep that performance I've come to really enjoy? If not, any ideas on the company he might have dealt with to do this tune? I remember him saying he found the info on one of the 4Runner Forums
You'll most likely be able to do that IF you get another 2WD, if I'm not mistaken the 4WD has a different ECU to control the 4WD system and other features not on a 2WD.