View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 01:37 PM

Forerunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Forerunner is an unknown quantity at this point
I was exactly where you are now a few weeks ago. I have a 2007 V8 Limited and I needed to replace the xreas and wanted to swap out my rear air suspension for coils. My main concern was I wanted a comfortable ride since this is a DD and didn't want a lift. I researched this forum to death and read all the different opinions and had decided to go with the 6112 in front and 5100 in the rear with the metaltech conversion kit.

After speaking with my installer, he suggested keeping my front springs and going with 5100 all around plus the spring conversion kit at back. He said the front shock should be set at .85 just to raise the front up a bit. He also suggested replacing most bushings at the same time.

Well I had the work done and have had it back for 2 days now and I have to say I'm in love with my truck again. First of all the new bushings have eliminated all the previous loose suspension sounds. The ride is firm but not unconfortable in any way. It just feels like a new truck. I am really impressed with the difference. Should you decide to go this way you won't be disappointed.