Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 07:58 PM

David_411 is on a distinguished road

David_411 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
It has about 220k but very clean and presumably highway miles since it's only a 2008.
  • It seemed to drive fine.
  • There was a sensor unplugged lower down on the driver side front part of the engine. Plugged it back in and the CEL came on. Any idea which sensor this could be?
  • "VSC off" light was flashing and the button wouldn't turn it back on.
  • The 4LO selector of course didn't work. It just flashed. Tried it a bunch of times.
  • Coolant reservoir was empty and I could see a bunch of smoke or condensation in the rear mirror when I started driving. It was fine when it was idling before and it is really cold. I didn't think head gaskets were a common problem on the 2UZFE?
  • There was some oil residue on the top of the engine on the driver side. It seemed higher up than the valve cover but I'm not the least bit familiar with this engine, I'm used to the 3rd gen. Could it be spraying out of the PCV or something? It was at the bottom of the plastic cover.

It has service history from day 1 at the dealer.
  • Oil change every 5k on the dot.
  • 50k exhaust manifold replaced.
  • 90k timing belt.
  • 100k transmission drain and fill.
  • 105k power steering flush.
  • 130k radiator replaced.
  • 135k Front wheel bearings on both sides.
  • 150k Serpentine belt and CV axles replaced.
  • 170k power steering flush, transmission flush.
  • 175k Belt tensioner, v-belt
  • 180k new alternator
  • 185k timing belt
  • 200k rear axle seal, another new alternator, battery, serpentine belt, fuel cap
  • 205k AC recharge

Thoughts?
Sensor is probably the O2/fuel-air sensor on the exhaust manifold. Any emissions related trouble code causes the VSC off light to illuminate.
If the sensor is seized in the manifold it is a real pain in the butt to replace.
David_411 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote