Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 12:07 PM

crete01 is on a distinguished road

crete01 is on a distinguished road
XREAS is shot....

The rides been getting rougher and rougher, and found my XREAS is leaking at the central control module on both sides on my 06 Sport 4WD V6. 130k miles. I plan on ripping it out and therefor, need to replace all my shocks. Figure I'd do the coils as well.

After reading a lot (wow, this forum is an incredible resource), I think I'm going to do the 5100s with Moog Coils, with new KYB shock mounts, but am currently looking at the 4runner Moog coils (81045-back and 81090-front). I'm only on dirt roads/mountain roads occasionally but this is more of our play vehicle, so I'd like about 1.5"-2" of lift, and would like to level out the front which has horrible sag right now. My current plan is to do a Daystar 1.5" spacer in the back and set the 5100s on 1.75" in the front. From what I've seen, that (with new springs) does a pretty good job leveling things out. The Moog 4R coils have about .5" more height than OEM.

Now I'm wondering if I should do the Moog FJ coils (81081) in the rear instead and skip the spacer, which according to a coil rate chart that I found here, which have 1.2" most coil height to them, but also appear to have a lower spring rate than the 4Runner Moog coils. Any thoughts? I've read that the Moog FJ coils don't fit well in the rear and require modifications.

As I mentioned before, we mainly use the 4runner for going up canyon roads in the winter, fire/dirt roads in the summer for backpacking/climbing, and occasionally will take it to Moab on some rougher roads, but never do anything that a stock vehicle wouldn't be able to get through. Some extra clearance and a fresh ride is really all I want.
crete01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote