Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 03:30 PM

radlynx will become famous soon enough

radlynx will become famous soon enough
I think you should just take it to a repair shop and have them fix that part, remove all the rust, patch it if possible and repainted. it would be better that way than getting another car with unknown history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnus127 View Post
I haven't been able to post in a long time, but came up with an issue I knew someone here could give me some guidance on.

My wife and I both have 4runners. Mine is a 2001 and she drives the 2005. Its an SR5 4X4 with the V6 with 140000 miles. It has been a great vehicle and got us through many snow storms. In any case this week her car was in for a Pennsylvania state inspection and they found some holes rusted through the frame.They are bad enough that they cannot be repaired. Since we only have the two cars and I work about an hour away from home she is stranded at home when I am working, without her car.

My question for people here is what are my best options?

I know Toyota won't be adding the 4Runner to the recall for the Tacoma and Tundra for the same issue anytime soon. It has never given us any issues and we have tried to keep it maintained. It is stock, other than a different set of running boards. The rest of the vehicle has a lot of life left, but is not legal in PA.

The options I see are:
- Check the trade in value with a dealer
It seems I won't get what its worth this way, but would be quicker than trying to sell it privately.
- Try a private sale
I would probably get more this way, but don't have the funds to get another car without the money from this sale.

Anyway, thanks for your time and advice.
radlynx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote