Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 02:08 PM

-E5J- has a spectacular aura about -E5J- has a spectacular aura about

-E5J- has a spectacular aura about -E5J- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodie the Dog View Post
I got this rack, and even though the box said BSR-1, it is the BSR-2, 2 gun model. I routinely drive too fast on big bumps, and it is still back there, solid. I've noticed the shotgun I carry there gets dusty, so every once in a while I take it out and clean it.

Otherwise, I'm not normally an "every day carry" kind of guy. I understand that just owning a gun increases your chance of being shot to death. I got it because I kept running into tweakers in remote locations, then there was a rogue "militia" member in my area shooting people (Washington, CA). The gun sits up there, out of sight, for if I need it. Just another tool in the tool bag. Oh, and I keep a bokken (wooden katana) in the second position, for when my droogs and I don't want to escalate straight to ultra-violence.
Respectfully, does 'just owning a fire extinguisher increase your chance of being burned to death' with that rational...? Or does just wearing a seat-belt increase your risk of being killed in an accident?

Does owning a hammer increase your risk of being bludgeoned to death with a hammer...?

You're correct that it's just a tool. A tool in the hands of good people is used for good things... correct things. The same, inanimate object, a tool, in the hands of a bad person can be used for bad things.

Only a poor craftsman blames his tools... Mankind, nature is the variable, not the tool.

Respectfully,
-Jason
2002 4Runner SR5 Sport Edition, Thunder Cloud Metallic Grey - Sold
-E5J- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote