Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 07:20 PM

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSD_42 View Post
I love the paint and THOSE WHEELS! I have a set of 17" Enkei on my TL and I believe I paid about $200 each but if I had known about those I would have strongly considered the extra cash spend. They look so sweet.

BTW did you see this?

Jalopnik | The 1994 Toyota Supra That Sold for $121,000 On Bring a Trailer Is Now at a Dealer for $500,000

The SBC look is killer! Definitely harder to get in the right specifications, though. Glad you like them, I think they'll really pop with the fresh brakes behind them. Thanks Brian.

I did see that And it's the same year <3

Glad to have my own, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleednBlue View Post
Great read. Easily my favorite forum read ever! OP, why did you not go with the VIN matched color? Does a non matching color affect value?

Wow, favorite forum read ever?! Thank you! Hot dang, that's a day maker.

There's a few reasons I chose not to go with the original white.

1. The pearl-white paint was basically all the way up into the jams and into hard to reach areas - so painting it any color would have required a similar degree of work.

2. White is not my favorite color for a car, in fact, it's among my least favorite... especially Toyota "Super White"... single stage, bland, and doesn't show the car's angles well. Boring in sunlight, boring at night. Most every car these days is white, silver, gray, or black. I own a white MK3 Supra and the only time it ever really looks nice is when it's waxed, but it still doesn't have half the depth of the metallic green.

3. Car's already been wrecked, none of the panels are original except for the doors and hatch, plus I'm swapping transmissions. Originality was already out the window (even 4 of the 6 windows aren't original... lol).

4. I still wanted an OE Supra color, limiting me to a handful of colors. IJM has a special sentimentality tie to me, as I've owned my Imperial Jade 4Runner for 11 years now.

5. Value doesn't matter because I have no plans to sell it, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96RedRunner View Post
To a collector it would, to a enthusiast looking for badazz MKIV no, COB going all out on resto.

Hit the nail on the head, my friend! And thank you

IG: @jimharb | YouTube | '99 Limited 2WD |
'99 4Runner - 2.7L 3RZ-FE - TRD S/C - 4WD Conversion + R150F 5-Speed Swap - Imperial Jade Mica on Oak
'87 4Runner Turbo - 2.4L 22R-TE - CT-26 Supra Turbo - W56 5-Speed Swap - Red on Red
'90 4Runner 2-Door - 3.0L 3VZ-E - Auto to R150F 5-Speed Swap - Red on Gray
'94 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 2JZ-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - Imperial Jade Mica on Black
'89 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 7M-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - White Package on Blue
'89 Pickup DLX 2WD - 2.4L 22R-E - W55 5-Speed - White on Blue
ChildrenOfBodom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote