Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 04:17 PM

QwikKotaTx is on a distinguished road

QwikKotaTx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by progress4m View Post
I understand: clean it up and see.

You have mentioned a “build up” and now you added “no oil spots on the driveway”: sounds like a slow leak and that is why timing cover leak came to my mind… if it is timing cover, I would recommend contacting dealer, as they aware of this problem and may know about TSB for it… if you are lucky and you have a good dealer they may assist you with repair (partially paying for it) even with 90K and 9/10 years old truck… I know it is a long shot, but maybe worth trying if you planning to keep the truck for a long time.

If not, as you said, you can probably drive it as it is.

Good luck!
That would definitely be a long shot. We bought the truck out of town as they had a better deal back when the new gen was hard to find. The local dealer always made a stink about it when I took it in for service. I told them I would have bought locally if available. I do all of my own work (just replaced the clutch on my Dakota, awful job) so I only used them for the 2 free oil changes and to program the windows to go down with key fob. I don't have the patience for the timing cover repair for something so minor though. I mainly buy chain driven vehicles to avoid having to worry about timing belts at 100k.

I will double check the driveway when I get home but I think I would have noticed. Most likely the skid plates catch all of the drips/runs. Ironically, the jacking point near the center rear of the oil filter skid plate has rusted out. Go figure. Thanks for the reply.
QwikKotaTx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote