View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM

Luciendar21 is on a distinguished road

Luciendar21 is on a distinguished road
Need help - intermittent starting issue.

I'm at my wit's end here with this starting issue. Some days it'll start just fine, other days I get nothing but the starter relay clicking on and off. If I turn the key 10-20 times, sometimes it starts, other times like today I get nothing.

Starter's been replaced, found a broken solenoid contact in the old one and the issue seemed to go away for a bit.

Issue occurred the other day so I disconnected the quite corroded terminals to the battery and reconnected them, cleaning them up a bit in the process, and it started right up.

And here I am today. I've got no idea where to look next. The relay seems to click on and off reliably. The battery's got plenty of charge (lights inside and headlights are nice and bright.

What ground points should I check? Are there ground straps maybe or anything under the engine? The relay ticking over makes me think not relay or ignition, but I'm out of things to check...

... and it looks like I'm working from home today.