Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 05:13 PM

hawthornearms is on a distinguished road

hawthornearms is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou_Pro View Post
Exactly. They will stay vague until the time come and they can deny your claim. I hate all insurance companies. What a racket!!
You should try owning a business. Insurance on top of insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbo View Post
I have a bunch of friends in the insurance game, but I don’t do it personally.

1st off I would work with a better insurance provider… Geico is notorious for weaseling themselves out of claims… On top of that, the person in a web window chat is NOT making any of these decisions, it’s going to be up to claims if you have an accident. Your history as a customer will come into play when they determine if they even pay you out if it’s in one of those “gray areas” when it comes to definition.

2nd, you want to work with a company where you actually have an agent who is responsible for their own book of business… you develop a relationship with that person, and they will often go to bat for you in a situation where you gave examples. If you have multiple lines of business (home, auto, life, umbrella) with them, it’s going to greatly work in your favor if/when you need to actually file a claim.

I was covering OHV, trailer, and my truck… some items stays with the primary carrier, things like ATV went with foremost insurance. In my current policy, I am covered comp, collision, and liability off-road.

You really need to work directly with an agent who has the ability to talk with underwiring to answer the types of question you are asking.
Working with a TRUSTED local agent is KEY. Had my old agent go to bat for me and my folks numerous times over the years. (Family business been with the same company for 25+ years) I switched to a 'new' guy last year to save money and I don't get any of my questions or issues answered. When this policy updates I'm going back to the old company. I only pay $12,000 a year in insurance, at least you could do is answer my emails.