Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:41 AM

JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about

JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about JVC8790 has a spectacular aura about
TLDR - Summit Racing's customer service is AWESOME!

I was in contact with them over a handful of days regarding my order of wheels that showed "IN STOCK - SHIPS TODAY" but were actually back ordered for months.

After talking with them, they agreed to change my wheel choice to the same wheel, but in Gunmetal (I actually preferred the gunmetal color but they weren't on clearance). I was concerned that they were going to also charge me the full price of the Gunmetal instead of the clearance price of the Bronze.

They did this at NO extra charge, so in turn, I got gunmetal wheels (normally $160 on discount tire, and $199 on Summit) for the price of the clearance Bronze/champagne ones. After the coupon code that I used and everything, I got 5 brand new wheels for $480 shipped (which includes tax).

They have since updated their website and fixed the "issue" but I managed to get lucky during this issue and scored a set of 5 wheels for basically half price.

Then, on Tuesday, eBay had a discount code for 15% off your purchase, and I ordered 275/65R18 Falken Wildpeaks for $770 shipped (after tax) for 5 of them, again, a really good deal on a quality tire. I waffled on tire size, but ultimately decided to go with this size partially due to price, and the other because I wanted to go slightly oversized, but nothing too wild since it's mostly a daily driver and will see a bit of "offroad" driving.

I still need to source TPMS sensors and lug nuts for these, but here are a few pictures of my recent pick ups. If anyone has good suggestions for either of these let me know!

2004 4Runner V8 Limited - TRD Exhaust, LED Interior Swap, Pioneer HU, Tacoma TRD Front Suspension, FJ Rear Springs, 10" + 32" Light Bars, Prius Shift Knob, 275/65R18 Falken Wildpeak, 18x9 Level 8 MK6 Et0, GOBI Ladder, 06-09 Headlight Swap, TOTALED NOV 2019, RESURRECTED APR 2020 Build Thread
1998 Volvo S70 T5 - Custom Airlift Suspension, BBS Nebula Wheels, Brada Seats, Engine Bolt Ons - StanceWorks Build Thread
2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X - Wifes Car
JVC8790 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote