View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 02:20 AM

Texas_Ranger will become famous soon enough

Texas_Ranger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003-4x4runner View Post
Dont worry about it. If the 5th Gen is anything like the 4th Gen (which I would think they are), the 5th Gen should have an immobilizer in the ignition. You will not be able to start the 4Runner without the Key. The only time I've heard of a 4th Gen get stolen is because the driver left the key in the ignition.

The only way they can steal the 4th and 5th Gen is with a tow truck or if someone has one of the original keys or copied the key/chip.
I hear you on this, but I have video of the guys stealing a '18 GMC denali in 5 minutes, without the key, so I don't know what or how they did it, but they drove off in it. I would assume a similar immobilizer is used by GMC on the '18.
Texas_Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote