View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 12:47 PM

runokc is on a distinguished road

runokc is on a distinguished road
3rd Gen Tacoma Suspension Swap (2016-2019)

Just installed suspension from a 2017 Tacoma Off Road on my 2006 Sport Edition 4WD V8 (120k)

Shocks Front and Rear, Front Coils all fit perfect
(also swapped UCA's they looked identical to mine)

Rear Bilstein B12 1.8" Coils Bilstein B12 (Special) For 2003-2009 Toyota 4Runner 1.8" Rear Coil Springs

Rear lower shock bushing to swap
Universal Shock Bushings - 9.8108

Couple of things I wanted to say, ride is really good. My suspension was not bad, this is much better. Felt very very similar to a 2015 TRD 4runner I road in at an off road event. XREAS does reduce body roll, noticed it on a clover leaf immediately after swapping it. The old shocks don't have near the dampening over bumps and gravel that this suspension has, maybe it did when new!

Main reason I went this route, and I know I will here push back is...I came from autocross, and trying to perfectly match spring rates with shock rebound is hard. I don't feel comfortable running a spacer lift, I feel buying a proper length spring and shock is a better option for off road, comfort/handling. Not saying that putting an over inch longer shock is how the geometry of the vehicle is designed, but the longer spring compensates well with it.

I didn't take before or after measurements and I have 32" Falcon Wildpeak AT3's but I have some before and after photos that will give you and idea. I believe its about 2" all around. If anyone has any question let me know, the whole set up was under $400.

PS: Everything i read previously states you have to loosen the LCA, to remove the front coils (which changes alignment) you don't....you can just remove the swayer bolts on both Driver, and Passenger side. Then simply rotate the sway bar counter clockwise up over the top of the UCA.

First Three are Before, last three are after!
Attached Images
3rd Gen Tacoma Suspension Swap (2016-2019)-fullsizeoutput_961-jpg  3rd Gen Tacoma Suspension Swap (2016-2019)-fullsizeoutput_952-jpg  3rd Gen Tacoma Suspension Swap (2016-2019)-fullsizeoutput_951-jpg  3rd Gen Tacoma Suspension Swap (2016-2019)-fullsizeoutput_960-jpg  3rd Gen Tacoma Suspension Swap (2016-2019)-fullsizeoutput_962-jpg  3rd Gen Tacoma Suspension Swap (2016-2019)-fullsizeoutput_963-jpg 
runokc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote