Thread: 07 Sport build
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 07:06 AM

Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough

Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough Terminator03 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_A View Post
Thank you. You get all the snow to play in though right? Do you have someone to weld Aluminum? The aluminum is nice in that its light, but it cost more and is less durable. That's a trade off you have to make though. The sticker is actually a Gallant Bullets sticker. Veteran owned bullet manufacturer.
I did notice a improvement in power and MPG. Its rowdy lol. I have full exhaust now, no cats.
I'm sure the DTs are nice. I think those are probably only 2nd to the URDs.
I have a MAF recal. And sprint booster coming Tuesday. Should give a bump in power and responsiveness. Then hitting the dunes Saturday. Take a raptor owner out and show him what's up!

Thanks for the info on the sticker, I had never seen one like that before. As for the aluminum, yes, I have a fabricator friend that’s excellent at aluminum welding. I also used to weld aluminum at a previous job, but currently am only setup to do steel. I’m hoping to get a nice TIG setup, so this would be an excellent excuse to do so, but certainly another cost to add in. As for durability, most of the off road trails and such here are woods, mud, etc. so aluminum would be fine unless one were to try serious rock crawling. Since mine spends most of its time on the street, the weight factor is a huge consideration for me, as I carry anywhere from 3-500lbs of tools with me everyday as it is. Yes, snow can be fun to play in, and we get plenty of that here. The downside is obviously having to clear it, and deal with the cold that is the byproduct of the winter season.

I don’t have a MAF calibrator, but I do have the Sprintbooster. It absolutely transformed the driving experience, and takes under 5 minutes to install. Most of that time was spent routing the wire so I could leave the controller in the compartment where the fuses are. It actually fits through the hole in the cover, so I was able to leave it dangling there to make quick adjustments while I was experimenting with settings. Once I found the one I liked best, I just tucked it in behind the cover so it’s still there if I need it, but it doesn’t show. I have heard from the off road guys that it is too sensitive for off roading, so most disable it or turn it way down for that. I haven’t tried mine in that environment yet, but I can understand the logic, especially if you’re crawling over stuff. I really could not believe the difference it made for being so easy to install, and relatively cheap, compared to other mods that don’t make close to as much difference! Like all power adders (even though this technically isn’t, it does feel like one), you eventually get used to it, and want more, so I currently have mine set to a point where it makes me happy, but would probably be difficult for an inexperienced driver, or someone just not used to the vehicle to manage, so I like having the ability to dial it down if someone else needs to drive it.