Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 03:19 PM

SchmittyUSAF is on a distinguished road

SchmittyUSAF is on a distinguished road
Diffinitive cell phone mount solution thread?-a8b9638c-c297-48a9-afe8-2c650864459b-jpg

Sorry if the picture is a weird size. It’s a cropped screenshot.

I went with the Expedition Essentials T4RPAM. It’s going to be more expensive and labor intensive to install but it’s a solid product. You can mount ram mounts all over the place and they sell phone specific mounts that hold the phone in place but can it can be removed with one hand. I’ve driven with my phone mounted down the Denali highway in Alaska and my phone didn’t budge (one or the worst ‘roads’ is the US). Plus if you choose to get it with the option, you have 2 additional USB ports so charging cables aren’t all over the place. I also have to add it will block your clock which is ok with androids because you can set the time to be displayed on the lock screen but my dumb new iPhone won’t let me. Plus it’s very adjustable. Since that picture, I’ve moved my phone to the other side of the power button which is out of the way of the radio screen, all the buttons, my hands don’t hit anything while turning the steering wheel or hitting the windshield washers, and it’s no higher than my hood scoop.
SchmittyUSAF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote