View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:38 PM

dannyg is on a distinguished road

dannyg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthrealm View Post
to shed more light.
a leaking accumulator will make the motor run too frequently...and eventually burn out, leading to complete brake failure.

yes, the method outlined by op above would tell you if the motor is still good or toast.
turn on the ignition, open the bonnet, depress the brake pedal, if you hear a whirring sound , then thats the motor actuating/pumping to fill up the reservoir, so you can determine right away, that you need to change just the accumulator $190 verus buying a used complete brake-master cylinder assy from ebay for $500 or more.

am still waiting for the step by step process or video of replacing the accumulator, as my motor runs ok, just that i have determined that i have a leaky accumulator, and need to change it out.

finally, the motor may overwork and burn out, taking out the 40amps abs/brake fuse , thus when you replace the complete brake mc assy, it would not work.
so do remember to check that fuse if your motor fails to actuate
So I did the test and the MOTOR was definitely NOT running.
I ordered a replacement from eBay. It arrived Tuesday.
I just took a look to see about replacing the motor WITHOUT removing the whole assembly, disconnecting the brake lines etc., like JURONIN mentioned.
I don't see how you could possibly reach both screws holding the motor with it still attached to the vehicle??

Anyway, this video shows exactly what needs to be done (thanks JURONIN!):

YouTube

Seems pretty straight forward, just remove the unit, replace the motor, re-install. I'll just need to bleed the brakes once it's re-installed.

Great! I can knock it out this Saturday.

..... BUT I noticed signs of a leak, please see pics.
The leak appears to be on the OPPOSITE SIDE of the accumulator, around the bottom of the black box.
So, now I am stuck again because I don't know what is leaking/what other part(s) I need.

Any ideas?

(Also thanks for the heads up on the fuse! Will keep that in mind).
Attached Images
Help: VSC/TRAC/ABS/BRAKE lights on plus loud, continuous alarm?-image1111-jpg  Help: VSC/TRAC/ABS/BRAKE lights on plus loud, continuous alarm?-image22-jpg  Help: VSC/TRAC/ABS/BRAKE lights on plus loud, continuous alarm?-image33-jpg