Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 08:51 PM

monolithmotors is on a distinguished road

monolithmotors is on a distinguished road
post apocalyptic build thread

Howdy folks,

The starting point is a 2001 Limited with 200K miles and a solid frame. Going for a overland/post apocalyptic vibe.

In addition to the bigger tires, a roof rack, rock sliders tubular front and rear bumpers, I want to upgrade to the 2014 and later headlights from a 5th gen 4runner. I did a quick mock up in Affinity Photo and I think it looks cool - I like the 'angry eyes' look of the headlights. Will need to graft on the front part of the Gen 5th gen hood to make headlights look right.

I mixed up and sprayed a few samples of flat black and flat white paint. Looking to get something like cement grey / battleship grey / the post apocalyptic world covered in ash grey - leaning towards the darker shades. And yes, there will be a big skull on the hood...

Will post more pics as things progress.
Attached Images
post apocalyptic build thread-4runner-front-mock-up-6lowq-jpg  post apocalyptic build thread-img_4890-2-jpg 
monolithmotors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote