Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 06:19 PM

Wrexeter is on a distinguished road

Wrexeter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack View Post
Living in Los Angeles car theft is not IF but WHEN. Over the years I have had five autos stolen. The one common denominator to all the thefts was after market upgrades, Tires and Rims especially.
I also believe they had cased the cars for a while to determine my daily habits.
I would also question the people that work at the tire shops. think about it, they now know where you live.
I have an older Pickup that's my wife's daily driver. Every month or so I get a note on the windshield asking if I want to sell it.
Its just a matter of time before it disappears and will be parted out. It's being watched. It has protection but like someone stated two guys with a flat bed and its gone. I have insurance.

As our trucks get older there will be more of a demand for parts. so just because your truck is a few years old don't think its not wanted by thieves.
I had a 1976 chevy 4X4 pick-up garage kept for 18 years.I parked it in my driveway for a week. Ten days later I was in a impound yard Identifying the remains.
I’ve lived in LA for 15 years, never had a car stolen.

I’ve had my S-10 and a WRX broken into, but they never stole it.

The S-10 was probably due to the fact that it was a piece of shit that took some tricky throttle management to make it start without flooding it. I got a really nice leatherman out of it in exchange for a mostly empty CD wallet. It was a fair trade (they slim Jimmed the lock).

My WRX had two kill switches wired into it that ran off an aftermarket alarm. The alarm ignition kill circuit powered a pair of relays by the center console and by the fuel pump under the rear seat which took two bolts to access. Kill switch relay 1 used a turbo timer harness to break the ignition circuit in the steering column. Relay two killed the fuel pump power if the first relay was disabled, the turbo timer harness removed, or the alarm was cut.

Only downside was the relay could kill the battery if the car was left parked for too long. But it was a manual so push starts were a thing...
Wrexeter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote