Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:15 AM

4runr4eva will become famous soon enough 4runr4eva will become famous soon enough

4runr4eva will become famous soon enough 4runr4eva will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebRuaj View Post
Pictures and brief description of the new AT3 4S. Will update as the miles accumulate.

These new 4S, along with the LT and XLT were just announced Spring 2018 for the AT3 line up. See here

Cooper description here

I was in line to replace some dry rotted tires on my T4R. My driving is mostly asphalt, city commute and a few maintenance roads a couple times a year while camping. Aggressive and pricey AT tires were out the door, but I didn't want to deal with HT tires again. My main goal was something with more snow bite to deal with the MN winters.

I was always a fan of the original AT3's. Affordable and seemed to have decent reviews throughout, not to mention I've had numerous vehicles with Cooper Tires. We have a set of AT3's on the family's Frontier and are quite pleased with them.

A quick search led me to find the new 4S for only $8.xx over the original AT3s (they went way up in pricing the day I was getting them mounted), and with a $70 rebate, I was pleasantly surprised. A few minutes later, I had a receipt and was waiting on shipping.

$592.14 for stock sized 265/65/17's (paid $138.19/ea before tax after “rollback”, hint hint the store I purchased them from)
$90.50 for mounting fees, lifetime balance and tire insurance
-$70 manufacturers rebate

2 day shipping to the store, 7am apt time, and home with them mounted, white walls out:

Some close ups:

Is been about 100 miles and 3 days, so far they have been great. Way quieter than my previous rubbers. Tracked in the rain with no problems. And they've felt more compliant and soft on the road.

I'll post some pictures next to the original Discoverer AT3s next for comparisons. My readings have led me to believe the 4S are really an AT3+ (play on Iphone modeling). In my size, the 4S are 2lbs heavier per Cooper's data. The sidewall is supposedly a bit thicker and designed to look a bit more aggressive over the original AT3. The tread design looks almost similar by first impressions.

A few Taco guys have seemed to jumped on this tire too. Read here

I'll keep updating as I go. We have a 3 hr drive up to camp coming up with some service road, and then looking forward to winter to test out the snowflake rating.
Hey there. Just wanted to check in on how you like the tires after some time with them. These are on the top of my list for the perfect tire. I want to go 255/75/17 though. Any thoughts or reservations? Any additional input would be much appreciated. Cheers!
4runr4eva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote