View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:41 PM

Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough

Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor008v2 View Post
Same here. Interested in hearing updates. I'll be purchasing new tires in the next month. I've narrowed it down to these and KO2s. I've been uneventfully running KO2s the last 70k miles, and I'm itching to try something new. I do like the look of the ATX and the attention they paid to designing the upper sidewall features to protect from rocks.

I got my hands on them the other day and they look great in person. They are about 2.4 lbs heavier in LT285/70R17 than the same-sized KO2 (58 vs 60.4 lbs); I doubt I'll be able to notice the difference.

Also, the sidewall of the ATX is 2-ply vs the KO2's 3-ply. With that said, General states that their 2-ply is similar in thickness to their competitors' 3-ply. Great, I have a set of calipers. ATX came in at about 8.9-9.0mm and the KO2 was maybe 0.5mm more than that. So, they're close enough to be considered within the Raptor008v2 margin of error.

That's my "my wife says just to pick a damn tire already" contribution for the day.

Interesting info on the sidewalk measurement. Thanks for doing that!

Having KO2s myself, the lower sidewall ply would have been enough to give me cause for concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 4Runner SR5
Decipher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote