Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 08:48 PM

TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light

TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light
I made some progress towards the install...

I removed those OEM bumper supports that were taking-up a couple inches of vertical space near the frame rail ends.

While I did a pretty good job of drilling-out the spot welds, a couple areas penetrated through the floor. I decided to cut some pieces of sheet metal, and pop rivet them in place, with liberal amounts of 100% silicone in between...

Both sides done and painted black. No photo at this time, but I'm sure they will be seen in a later post...

The tank brackets and holes line-up well.

I put a small bead of 100% silicone at each end of the tank to serve as a cushion of sorts.

I applied the black 100% silicone on the top side of the platform where the angles join the plate.

I went to the The Home Depot, Lowe's and Harbor Freight today to find items to fill my on-board tool bag. I got this plastic ammo can for 4 bucks.

A few will fit in this newly created storage space, but I was pleasantly surprised how it fits here.

I moved the 4Runner onto level ground, got the rear on jack stands, and removed the driver side wheel. All set for the install tomorrow...

Last edited by TonyB66; 03-30-2019 at 08:50 PM.
TonyB66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote