View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 12:49 PM

sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold

sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold sn_85 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscot View Post
My inspiration came from Dieck's post. Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum - View Single Post - "Base Camp" 2015 Superwhite TE Build Thread

My design is slightly different in that I took the section right behind the seats into a single piece that stretches the width of the vehicle and I went a different route in attaching it to the vehicle by using L brackets the threaded inserts right behind the seats and just bolts at the rear of the car. I built it so it sits really snug between the wheel wells anyway so I'm confident it will stay in place.
All in it took me about 6 months to do it but I could probably knock one out in a long weekend if i worked on it continuously.
I do regret using Hefty bed liner b/c it smells really bad. I let it sit outside for over a month before installing it and it still smells. I'm pretty disappointed in that part of it.

I started by using MDF to make templates for the rails and styles. Then with band saw and router I cut the actual rails and styles out of baltic brick ply (IMG_4286).

Next is the glue up of two 3/4" pieces per rail and just using a single 3/4" piece for the styles. (IMG_4287)

Test fit of the assembled rails and styles (IMG_4288) as you can see on the style next to the seat I had to do a lot of cutting to get it to fit as close to the seat as possible.

Then I put the center rail, hinge blocks, and side support wings on (IMG_4306) before starting to layer up the non door parts of the top (IMG_4309)

Then I cut and test fit the doors and the T track. (IMG_4312)

Next was the roll on bed liner (MISTAKE!) (IMG_4445)

And finally the finished product. (IMG_4459)
Nice. How did you secure the platform to the cargo area?
2016 Nautical Blue Metallic Trail | SCS | Falken Wildpeak AT3/W | Icon CDCV | Heftyfab Front Bumper | 4x4 Labs Rear | Shrockworks Sliders | RCI Skids | Warn VR10S | OGE Dual Battery System | sPOD | Katzkin
2013 Blizzard Pearl LE 4WD - SOLD!!!
sn_85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote