Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 06:38 PM

Sloweuroll is on a distinguished road

Sloweuroll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner4Leon View Post
I couldn't find any in oak, just a couple in blue for $120-$300.

@Sloweuroll , thanks for clarifying your post! I wonder how hard it would be to make a similar adapter for the more common stock '99-02 overhead consoles? That would greatly expand your customer base .
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattyduck View Post
Yeah, empty field monitor housings are going to be a small market. The USDM sunglasses holder housing is what would be best to start from.

-Charlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Spork View Post
Yep, agreed. If you could create a design for both styles you'd be selling them like hot cakes I'm sure.

I'd be up for purchasing one made for the USDM sunglasses housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeakSauz View Post
If you could 3d print an option for US market overhead sunglass door replacements, you would have more business than you could handle.

I'd love this setup, but the JDM FMU bezel is going to be hard to come by- especially in colors like moon mist
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD 4RNR View Post
+ Add me to this list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor20 View Post
Design for the US version to replace the sunglasses door, and you could make a good amount of money.

I'd love to find a FMU, but the price is outrageous, and the housing is non-existent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogoood View Post
If you'd want this 3d printed then he'd be using a lot of material to design the whole drop door. dont think it'd be cheap

some dude made this a while back. not pretty pretty but it works. its meh

ScanGaugeII overhead console install

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I had always planned on designing one for the USDM console also as I know that one is the most popular, but admittedly, it will be a much more difficult design and printed part. I do also plan to start designing some switch panels for various places in the cabin (is there a standard size switch most people use?) For those interested in any of the above I would encourage you to check out my facebook page and like to keep up with any updates and new products: Security Check Required

Last edited by Sloweuroll; 04-04-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Sloweuroll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote