Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 09:41 PM

Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough

Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough
Amazing difference between 4runner forum and Jeep JL forum.

It is such an amazing difference between this forum and the JL Wrangler forum. I had a 2 door Jeep JK and had a lot of fun with it, so I toy with the idea of getting another Wrangler someday. I’m on my second 4runner and still loving it, so who knows. But anyway....I have the JL Wrangler app on my iPhone and scroll through the JL forum from time to time to keep up to date on what’s going on with the new Jeeps. It’s amazing to see, when scrolling through the JL Stock tech forum, that at least 80% of the posts are about problems that people are having with their JLs. And a lot of the problems are pretty significant. It’s unbelievable!!!! You just don’t see that on the 4runner forum. Rarely do I read posts about issues people are having, and when I do it’s usually something that was caused by a poorly installed modification. The vast majority of posts here are about mods or someone’s build, new products, someone’s new off road adventure, speculation on the 6th gen, wheels, tires, suspension upgrades, etc, etc, etc......

Once in a while there is a complaint about Entune being lame or a complaint about the lack of Apple CarPlay. Occasionally I see a complaint about a little vibration from the tires....something a good balancing takes care of. People complain of a laggy throttle....something the sprint booster or pedal commander takes care of. People like to ***** about less than stellar gas mileage....although a lot of those people have a 3” lift, massive tires, steel bumpers, etc.....But for the most part and for the vast majority of people, these 4runners are pretty bulletproof!

Try this out.....just scroll through several pages of this forum just noting the topics of the threads.....then jump over to the JL Wrangler forum and scroll through a few pages of that forum, noting the topics.....it’ll blow your mind. I just don’t know if I’d be able to handle going back to a Wrangler after having owned a 4runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redsoxx1918 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote