Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 12:43 AM

WhiteRunner10 will become famous soon enough

WhiteRunner10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Walker View Post
I do not own either vehicle. Im currently active on both forums and Im test driving both to make a purchase. If you are strictly talking about tech or off road capabilities the Jeep is a superior vehicle. The on road manners, noise volume and reliability are hands down in favor of the 4runner...

I am NOT a Jeep hater as I've owned numerous Jeeps but lets look at some common and prevalent problems with the new Jeep....

-Frame welding issues (pitting)
-Frame rusting issues
-Death Wobble on a new level
-Steering wandering - Requires $1500 in parts to fix. I test drove one and my stress was through the roof with the wandering...and no it isnt just a "jeep thing". I've had numerous series of Jeeps and none of them, even the 70s models, were this bad. 200+ page of angry Jeep owners so it isnt a small issue.
-Steering lock up
-Excessive steering play
-Massive infotainment system issues
-Jeeps "dying" on the side of the road due to electrical issues
-Rain rail issues - Open the door and get soaked
-Hard top noise/whistling issues
-Back window defrost failure
-Massive amounts of cracked front wind shields

And again these are common issues....I will take a 4runner any day of the week after test driving and spending significant time on the JL forums "tech sections". The tech section is an absolute blood bath and Im sure the "Jeep cares" employees are on the verge of a mental breakdown. I've never seen a new generation of a vehicle have so many issues - No thanks, even if it is better off road and has more tech.

I literally have no stake in this game and the 4runner is better in all categories that matter to ME.
For someone who has no stake in the game and is actively trying to decide which to buy, you seem like your mind is strongly made up already, lol. I see nothing gained from arguing this with you. Your opinion, your money, enjoy the 4R
WhiteRunner10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote