Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 01:27 PM

Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light

Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light Joelzy is a glorious beacon of light
Joelzy's 96 5SPD & 5VZ block-up rebuild

Thanks Guys,

Sorry its a novel but i've been in here talking to myself quite a bit.

Just trying to keep track of the progress as well as the pains and if it helps someone else, awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMonkey View Post

Would you mind sharing your fog led info or availability? Also any pics of the brackets? Funny I was just clicking around for these and measuring up same stock holes.

Not sure about TX or UT but I think those forward parking lights are required when driving with lights on. If those lights can take a pwm for power I’ll make little module that will send pulsed 12v for dimmed parking lights when driving with lights on and then have a Sasquatch switch to send a full stream 12v. Same with reverse, my reverse lights are stock and they’re useless but the LED Might be blinding on the street for parallel parking or whatever.
So, the front bumper setup was never meant to be long term, i bought cheap LED pods knowing they were temporary and figured once i went to a plate bumper i'd upgrade to legit lights. They work fine and all now but i dont think they'll last.

they're from Amazon, i think i paid like 60 bucks for all 4 and maybe 15 or 20 for the harness which is actually pretty good with a fuse and relay so i'll probably keep that. Not sure about dimming them but that could definitely be cool as hell if it works, I've had zero issues with driving around before the lights were there. I've never had running lights being that i wired the turn signals to the runners immediately once running.

on the fog brackets, i dont have any pics aside from the two i posted. Its a shame because i've had a lot of people ask about them but i cant guarantee mine would fint other people's bumpers as my front end is completely rebuilt and the bumper doesnt exactly fit like factory.

it was a bit of a rush job as the wife had made plans and i didnt want to wait until the following weekend. just used a piece of angle iron straight off the lower bumper stud. drill the hole in it and bolted it on making sure the fog brackets met the underside. One didn't, so had to make an extension for that one but before that i measured the angle and cut a piece of straight 1x to meet the angle iron and the upper bolt. marked the spots for the fogs to drill for mounts, pulled them out, tacked the pieces together in the bumper then pulled them out and welded them the rest of the way. drilled the other holes, painted and installed.

Here is a bad pic with some hopefully helpful sketching to show the layout

the fogs fit in the holes so tight that i was able to bascially build the bracket around them

The reverse lights are cheap amazon bits as well, just 3 LEDS in an aluminum cylinder with a lens and a bolt on the back. Worked great bolted to the corner bolt of the bumper and aimed by bending the L bracket they came with. They are listed as waterproof, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadiddy View Post
I just started the same project, and am about to take the heads and short block apart today to go to the machine shop. I don't know about your motor, but mine has a ton of rust bolts that need replacing hehe. Nice work!
Awesome! welcome to the deep end!

Its pretty rewarding once its running great afterward. I had a few rusty parts but also 2 motors to pull parts off of so that helped despite a lot of stuff not being compatible.

Last edited by Joelzy; 04-09-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Joelzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote