Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 11:09 PM

quatin is on a distinguished road

quatin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_GB View Post
The parking brake and the hydraulic braking system are completely separate systems all the way up to the point of the actual brake shoe engagement inside the drums. So the fact that you say that parking brake use effects the situation leads me to believe that the brake shoes inside the drum are not installed correctly. There's lots of adjusters and springs and small parts that have to be in the correct place to function properly. I'd be willing to make a heavy bet that's where your problems lie. I'd start by removing your drums and comparing what your setup looks like to a known correct setup photo.

Post a photo of each side with the brake drum off and we should quickly be able to tell you if something is way off.
Adjusted the bellcranks tonight so I took some pictures. I didn't see anything out of place, but could use another set of eyes. I also notice my new shoes has some funny wear marks after 30 miles of driving already. I can now feel some light grooves in the drum that I'm not sure were there before. Guess I have to go get new drums or have them turned.
Attached Images
What is this thing? [SOLVED - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve]-driverdrum1-jpg  What is this thing? [SOLVED - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve]-driverdrum2-jpg  What is this thing? [SOLVED - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve]-driverdrum3-jpg  What is this thing? [SOLVED - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve]-passdrum1-jpg  What is this thing? [SOLVED - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve]-passdrum2-jpg  What is this thing? [SOLVED - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve]-passdrum3-jpg  What is this thing? [SOLVED - Load Sensing Proportioning Valve]-shoemarks-jpg 
quatin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote