Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 09:24 AM

aelarson will become famous soon enough

aelarson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyglx View Post
From the research I conducted, your shocks from the TRD Pro are the same shocks as 6112 shocks. The only difference that I heard is 6112 shocks have multiple settings where as TRD Pro coils are preset to the highest setting. I have never compared the two in person so I cannot say my statement is 100% true. Just the research I did. I guess time will tell how my vehicle's suspension will perform. As of right now it drives awesome. Also, Eibach is looking into making coils for TRD Pro for higher load.
As far as Dobinsons, I was under the impression that they were going to make a longer (15 inch) coil not just change the load. This would make the coil 1 inch longer than 6112 or 2 inches longer than TRD coil without changing the load. 6112 14in coils only will make your vehicle go up a inch plus change the load which gives our vehicles a approx. extra .75 of lift over a stock TRD Pro. Again, I am not a engineer or a professional mechanic. I am just a normal person whom is try something different. I believe this setup will function well and it will be tested out this summer.
I tried to find out whether or not the 6112 shock and TRD Pro shock are the same as well. All I could find are some rumors and peoples hunches. I saw somewhere that the TRD Pro shock is not adjustable (which is obviously true), but has different valving. I do think they are the same shock body width (60mm), but I am not sure about the length. Unfortunately, there aren't any definitive answers floating around the forum.

I am sure that this setup will work well, it's just a matter of how long before the shock blows (if Dobinsons comments are accurate). Wheel your truck this summer and post up your impressions/results with this setup. I hope Eibach makes a spring for the TRD Pro so there is some more research and answers on this subject. I am far from an expert myself and find myself learning something new about suspensions every time I log onto this forum. Just doing the research before modifying!
aelarson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote