Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 12:46 AM

DeserT4R is on a distinguished road

DeserT4R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelarson View Post
I tried to find out whether or not the 6112 shock and TRD Pro shock are the same as well. All I could find are some rumors and peoples hunches. I saw somewhere that the TRD Pro shock is not adjustable (which is obviously true), but has different valving. I do think they are the same shock body width (60mm), but I am not sure about the length. Unfortunately, there aren't any definitive answers floating around the forum.

I am sure that this setup will work well, it's just a matter of how long before the shock blows (if Dobinsons comments are accurate). Wheel your truck this summer and post up your impressions/results with this setup. I hope Eibach makes a spring for the TRD Pro so there is some more research and answers on this subject. I am far from an expert myself and find myself learning something new about suspensions every time I log onto this forum. Just doing the research before modifying!

I’ve read that entire Dobinsons post and Speedy is correct. The coil they bailed on was the 15” or 2” over Pro for the reasons you are referring to. They did stick with the 14” or 1” over Pro version but it maintained the #520 not the #600 of the 6112 coil. It should be noted that in my research that Eibach does make the 6112 #600 coil but they just don’t sell them on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DeserT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote