View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadiddy View Post
I called ARP and ACL and they do in fact have 5VZFE studs (both main and head) and performance bearings. Kinda pricey, but I think its well worth it. Since I will only be running low boost with the supercharger, I am debating whether to use performance studs and bearings or go ARP and ACL?
Check out some of the 5VZ-FE builds on Toyota Tacoma Forum. A general rule of thumb is that stock bottom ends can handle up to 15 PSI of boost. My own experience confirms this, I've run up to 12 PSI with no issues. Unlike other engines, the 5VZ-FE was made to handle forced induction. That also includes using head bolts, not studs. However studs will give an added security and help your head gaskets stay in place.

I'm not an expert on bottom end parts for the 5VZ-FE so it's up to you. If it were me, I'd be spending that cash on some good pistons to increase your torque or stroking the engine to increase displacement. I think the stock piston design could use some improvement. That and some high-lift cams and stiffer valve springs.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote