Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:34 PM

aelarson will become famous soon enough

aelarson will become famous soon enough
So I have found out a little more information. I asked Mike from Dobinsons himself what he thought of this setup. The correspondence is below. Looks like it should be a good setup without worrying about blowing up the strut!

My Question:
Hello Mike,

I followed the Dobinsons thread pretty closely when you were developing the TRD Pro springs. I was pretty disappointed when the 2" coil project was canceled, but I know you are out to make the best products available keeping the customer in mind. Given that you're a main resource for suspension needs in the 4Runner community, I wanted to hear your thoughts on a newer TRD Pro spring setup.

A lot of guys are buying Eibach/Billy 6112 14" x 3" coils with a 600lb spring rate and installing them on the stock TRD Pro strut Here is the thread for your reference. This is achieving 2" of lift in the front. I know you canceled the 2" TRD Pro lift project (15" x 3" coil) in fear that the strut would top out and blow out the top seals. Do you think this 6112 spring will do the same thing? I am interested in a lift, but obviously want to maintain a reliable suspension setup.

Regards,

Andrew L.

Mike's Response:
Hi Andrew,

I think it will probably be ok. The 6112 and the TRD Pro actual strut are the same I believe, except they came with different coils, and they don't have the notches cut into the body of the strut to change the height. Guys have been doing that change for over a year now and I haven't heard any serious issues.

Mike.

Last edited by aelarson; 04-12-2019 at 01:58 PM.
aelarson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote