Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 12:46 PM

Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light

Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light Ed_C is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribb View Post
One issue I'm trying to navigate right now is the forward cats. I'm keeping my original manifolds and cats intact to switch if needed, and looking for a set to put on the Thorley headers. I can't justify buying new OEM manifolds just to cut off the cats, but Gadget is saying there aren't any good replacements. Since I'll be simming the cat feed to the ECU, that probably won't be a problem, but I am looking for replacement cats that aren't garbage. If anyone has any experience with replacement cats that have lasted a few years, I'd love to hear what you used.
Curious about CA smog checks:
- If they see CARB EO labels under the hood, will they actually cross-reference the numbers to verify they're for the vehicle?
- Will there be an issue if replacement cats that were originally welded were converted to flanges instead?
- If you cover the headers with OEM heat shields, will the inspectors take the time to actuality snoop around to verify there are OEM/OEM type manifolds under there?

Here's my thinking...
- Doug Thorley and JBA have EO #s for their '05-'06 Tundra/Sequoia headers, use the labels/stickers. Unfortunately these headers aren't direct bolt-on to 4Runners.
- Use the 4Runner specific DT shorty headers, weld flanges to the header outlets and cat inlets. Install the cats come inspection time and use test pipes the rest of the time.
Ed_C is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote