Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 10:17 PM

17KT4R will become famous soon enough

17KT4R will become famous soon enough
When I had my remote start unit installed (Viper) my shop indicated that they had models as well which included an immobilizer option so if the vehicle was locked with the Viper remote you would have what you're looking for. I just opted for the basic unit to start the damn thing and not have that factory kill when I opened the door.

I don't want to derail the thread toward these Sprint B products because there are plenty of those already but I have driven my friends 5th gen who has one and what I do feel in difference from mine is the lack of throttle delay I guess for 'lack' of a better description? I do primarily city driving and have to be quick on and off the gas where that type of throttle response gets annoying sometimes. He doesn't use the Red race settings or whatever, that causes driveability characteristics exactly as described by the previous post but on it's basic Green setting at 5-7 or whatever he keeps it at, totally cleans up the pedal delay and driveability is improved, at least I noticed that aspect, feels as normal otherwise ( doesn't cause early downshifts or red line shifts from half throttle ).

I think thats the best you can hope for from that product, cleaning up the delay you feel sometimes quickly getting on / off / on the pedal. If it were half the price it is I would buy it just for that I think. I guess the Valet mode option is worth something too if you remember to use it. Complete throttle lock out option I guess is what the OP would use? But thats pushing the buttons on the thing, hiding the remote unit someplace. I'd rather use the Viper product for simplicity and remote start capability. Thats my 2 cents for today