Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 02:51 AM

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepar View Post
That's the $100,000 question right there! One plan I'm working on is possibly developing a property I own. I figure I already manage the properties I have, what's the difference if it's a few more units on one property. I wouldn't make a killing by any means (especially during the time I am paying off the loan needed to build) but I also don't need a lot of money to live off of. What I want more than anything is time.
I can certainly respect that! It's not ALL about the money anyway... quality of life is huge. I'm sure you'll land on your feet with whatever you decide. I certainly wish you the best of luck and hope you end up happy in the end! We still need to grab a beer one of these days, I'd like to get down to your neck of the woods sooner than later! Just wish the exchange rate wasn't so bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drake View Post
Subbed!

So excited for this build, Addison! I have Duster 1.0 as my wallpaper on my desktop at home, and like many, it has influenced my build quite a bit. Love the detail you provide with all of your builds. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for following along and still rocking some Duster 1.0 images as your background. Hopefully I can make this thread worth the follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattyduck View Post
OME 2906 are progressive, but won't get you the lift you are looking for (and I think are too short if you are going for longer shocks).

-Charlie
Thanks for the info Charlie. I just updated my post above with the new(er) Metal Tech long travel springs. They might be a decent option consider the free length, variable rate, and the relatively low spring rate. Either those or the Dobinsons 675V. Just need to persuade one of those companies to let me try a set, in the name of research!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_C View Post
I don't know yet LOL. They're kind of an odd shape and would require some creative(?) cutting of off-the-shelf shrouds. They might be too tall to fit either 3rd and 4th gen headlights.

LS460s aren't was wide (beam) as the 430's, but the advantage is some versions were able in bixenon (someone recently had a pair of the TRS-modded "LS460-R" for sale here). Didn't you do some lowbeam-only 460 retros?
Yah, I ran LS460's in my old 3rd Gen. I wasn't even running LS460R's so it was 1000000x harder to make them fit. I basically chopped off the entire rear half of the housing and built a vacuum table so I could build my own moulds to seal up around what I chopped off. I would never do it again, unless they were the "R" version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeySA View Post
Nice to have you back in a 3rd gen! I was inspired by your DirtDuster build and got a 3rd gen as well!

Anyways, regarding the pro of the 8" front diff of the 4th gen.

I asked Front Range Offroad a couple years back about this article: This 1996 Toyota 4Runner Proves IFS Doesn’t Have to Be Weak

In this thread: Front Range Offroad Rock Surfer IFS skids for Toyota 4Runners!

I never followed up on that, but I wonder if it ever bore any fruit. If you miss the 8" front diff that much its worth looking into. Especially because it looks like that 3rd gen has something similar to the Marlin RCLT. This would make the 3rd gen pretty epic.
Thanks for the links. I've followed that build (as much as possible) over the years and I too do not know where it sits today. I certainly love the concept of OEM CV's (factory length shafts) with an upgraded front diff and using a standard Bilstein 5100. Very much like the RCLT indeed with the high clearance arms too.

I've actually got a buddy with a 00' Tacoma who is collecting parts to swap in the 9" front diff, control arms, hub, spindle, out of a 5.7L Tundra onto the frame of his Tacoma. Basically 12" of OEM long travel and good for 37" + tires!
rickashay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote