Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 11:02 PM

90Duck will become famous soon enough 90Duck will become famous soon enough

90Duck will become famous soon enough 90Duck will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volke View Post
Very nice! White is actually mys second or third choice. If I could get one in Cement or Quicksand, it would be absolutely perfect. Sadly that's not an option for some reason. Don't know why Tacoma and Tundra get special treatment.

I'll probably end up installing the sliding tray myself too once I track one down. Figured I'd explore all my options, so I just sent my dealer a parts list to see how much it comes out to. They said they would give me discount on them since they are not able to order one with the tray, but I'm still betting it will come out to lots of money.
The dealer I bought from set up the deal with the $350 price that they charge from the factory, then realized they couldn’t add it as an option if it wasn’t on the vehicle already. They had to just drop it off the price. I’ve seen the parts listed out on other threads at somewhere north of $1500 if you buy it part by part from Toyota.

It seems like it would be pretty easy for Toyota and their dealers to sell a kit for the $350 price, or charge $500 installed as an option on any of them. It only took me about an hour to install, and that was having to customize my existing flat floor carpet and liner to fit since the seller kept his tray-specific carpet under some ARB drawers he had installed. You don’t need the special carpet and it’s “U” shaped styrofoam piece to make it work.

Finn the 2018 Super White ORP
90Duck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote