Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:34 AM

jpeaslee is on a distinguished road

jpeaslee is on a distinguished road
Grinding noise on startup

I've been a bit dead on the forums lately. Haven't had much exciting going on with the Runner over the last year. It usually only gets driven once or twice a week.

Over the winter, i started getting this intermittent grinding noise on startup. It'll start like normal, but immediately after it turns over and starts, there will be a grinding noise that might last a half a second. I'm guessing it's the starter. About 2 years ago I did rebuild it due to the plunger sticking, but didn't have any problem with it until maybe 4 months ago. It doesn't seem to happen as much when I've been driving it more, but that isn't exactly a scientific observation. Any thoughts on what it might be?

67 M416 Trailer springover on 33s w/ HEO RTT
jpeaslee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote