Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 12:34 AM

Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about

Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about Teamoatmealpie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by realquiet1387 View Post
Keep taking it back, if the dealer has already documented warm blowing air within the warranty period and the problem persists it should be covered under the original 3 year/ 36k mile warranty after it has expired. But you need to keep having this documented and put your foot down (you paid good money for this 4Runner).
As a former Honda master technician I cant tell you how many customers have complained about warm A/C when its actually not. I would take them in their car, stick several thermometers in the dash vents and simulate normal driving conditions on a test drive. typically 30-40 degrees is great, always will get slightly warmer air under stopped conditions as RPMs are lower. Get the concrete evidence and ask for this to be shown to you if this Toyota dealer is trying to brush you off when you're truly having problems call Toyota of North America, But documentation is imperative. Worst case you take that documentation and find another Toyota dealership to take a look at it.
Hope this is helpful!
Agreed get it documented before warranty runs out. That saved my ass on the front diff bearing as I reported it before warranty ran out. I also suggest you call or email Toyota corp, they will assign you an incident #. That will help too if the warranty runs out before it gets fixed.

Had same AC prob with a Ford when I lived in PHX - not good.

Get a meat thermometer and put it in the vent. See what kind of temps its putting out. Compare it to another vehicle, another 4Runner if you can. Or maybe another inmate here can do the same and post results.
Teamoatmealpie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote