View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 01:22 PM

Stephen363 is on a distinguished road

Stephen363 is on a distinguished road
Catching up

New to the forum, so I figured I'd start here to get acquainted and build up the post count. I bought a 1998 T4R a few months ago at 168,000 miles and have been addressing little things here and there:
- Replaced rear diff, bearings, and seals
- Replaced rear brake back plates. The ones on it were bent!!???***##. It had spongy brakes when I bought it. Turns out this was the culprit. Not sure how this even happens but the brake shoes weren't making flat contact with the drums. All good now!
- Serviced entire e-brake system. Due to previous issue it appeared it hadn't been used in a long time, all linkage points were stiff to move.
- Just ordered (this morning) new catalytic converter, exhaust system, muffler and O2 sensors. I'm not getting any codes, don't appear to have any leaks, and rust doesn't seem to be an issue, but the exhaust sounds like garbage and I figured while I'm under there I'd just change it all out.

I've have quite a few items sitting on the bench I already ordered for replacement but I'll post those as I get to them. I just want to say THANK YOU so much to the guys who have put soe much time and effort into making all the instructional videos and posts. They have been a priceless resource in helping me learn my truck and learn to work on it myself, which is the entire reason I bought it in the first place!

Mark
Stephen363 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote