Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Elite Member

LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice
Elite Member

LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice LittleCaesar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-grayson View Post
I'm going to disagree with you LilCaes, respectively of course. Im the first one to say OEM all the way, but I replaced mine with an ebay unit about 4 years ago and all is well. I'm not necessarily saying go that route, but I will say not all aftermarket IAC's are created equal. I think I paid $27 for it, and it was worth the gamble to me at the time based on the OEM price.
I guess what I am saying is that with the OEM one you are taking zero risk in trying to clean it, where as with an aftermarket one, it is a financial crapshoot.

With my friend’s aftermarket one we were assuming the valve was not set to the correct parameters to open and close, thus the high idle at operating temp. I asked him if he wanted to mess with it, maybe to try and set it to idle correctly. He said no and we sent it on it’s way to the landfill.
LittleCaesar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote