Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 12:14 AM

ztphillips93 is on a distinguished road

ztphillips93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobat66 View Post
Sorry about not being much help regarding removing the stripped bolt, as I don't recall what it looks like around there.

But if you remove the a/c compressor bracket, a big tip is to make sure that you make a note of where each of those 4 bolts goes. I did my TB last year, and that bracket was the most difficult part of the entire job. If I recall, those 4 bolts are 2 different lengths, and you may play hell (like I did) figuring out where the correct bolts go. They are difficult to access, and you may spend a bunch of time screwing one in, only to find out it should have gone somewhere else. I spent probably 2 hours screwing around with that damn thing. Because I had failed to mark which hole each of the bolts came from.
HA! yeah I noticed that. So a quick update, Got the AC compressor off and out of the way, got the bracket off and had easy access to the rear tensioner bolt. HOWEVER, the bolt is TOO tight and TOO stripped for removal. I re tried my bolt extractor, used strong vise grips, nothing.. just kept stripping it more. My plan now is to dremmel the head of the bolt off that way the tensioner will come off, that will leave me with about 1" - 1 1/2" of threads to grab onto with some vise grips and hopefully get out. My 3rd day on this timing project and no kidding have spend 24 hours dealing with a dang bolt. hope to get it off tomorrow. will keep yall updated. thanks!
ztphillips93 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote