Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 08:35 PM

Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about

Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about Johns06yota has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky 07 View Post
Nice job! And maybe you can answer a question for me?

I’m looking to finish a driver’s door mod where a small orange LED is installed to throw light on the window switches. Like you, I don’t want to run wire through the grommet. Ideally, I would like to identify a power source wire for my new bulb that will only come on with the headlights, but am fine with a constant source wire if necessary. Do you happen to know how I can identify a suitable wire in the bundle that feeds into the driver’s door switches?

Thanks.
All of the power sources within the driver door are only constant power (at least in my case). Even the led within the switch itself. Now you may physically have the same wires as the limited but there is a high likelihood that circuits are missing somewhere else. For example when I installed heated seats on the factory circuit, the wire was physically there but there was no power running to it and a relay needed to be added in the engine bay fuse box. Realistically to do this you are going to need to run at least a power wire from the interior switch illumination circuit to the positive of an LED and the negative to an existing ground within the door. If the LED isn't designed for 12 volts you will need to run a 330 OHM resistor in series but make sure the leads don't touch or you will pop a circuit.

iannaconeautoaccessories.com

Last edited by Johns06yota; 04-21-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Johns06yota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote