Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 12:58 AM

WNY PAT is on a distinguished road

WNY PAT is on a distinguished road
Thought I’d give a 1 year update on our SR5 Premium after living with it for the fall/winter/spring here in the snow belts near Buffalo, NY. As for snow, be it wet and sloppy or dry and fluffy, the T4R makes easy work of it even with the marginal stock tires. We got hit with one particularly nasty storm and ended up with thigh high drifts across some of the nearby side roads. I intentionally got it stuck a couple times in 4H and then switched to 4L and engaged ATRAC. The results are pretty impressive - it crawled right out both times. There was quite a bit of chattering and noise but it’s 100% idiot proof as far as I can tell so long as you know how to engage the systems. The second time I would have sworn I was high centered but it still slowly climbed out of the ruts. No big surprises here, but the T4R a great truck for deep snow. I can’t wait until the factory rubber wears out and I can put a proper set of tires on this thing. That said, the wife hardly drives it and I just had the 12 month service completed with 5,600 miles on the odometer. Lol. It’ll be around a long time at this rate.

2013 Lexus LX570 (Wife’s New Mall Crawler)

2017 Tundra Crewmax Limited TRD (Mine)

Last edited by WNY PAT; 04-23-2019 at 01:03 AM.
WNY PAT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote