Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 11:20 PM

TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light

TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light TonyB66 is a glorious beacon of light
Oil Change #2 - 195,763 Miles

With the current access to the oil filter, I decided to use this time to change the oil for the second time. I noticed that King only provided 3 bolts and 3 washers for the installation. Each coil-over needs three for the top mount, so King will have those here tomorrow... Very fast support.

My first three oil changes will see Seafoam treatment.

I put about 6 ounces in yesterday (about an ounce per quart), and let it idle for about 15 minutes. I ran it again today for about 20 minutes, and then let it drain. I like draining oil when it's hot, and now with the Fumoto valve, this is so easy to do.

I put the rest of the Seafoam in the gas tank...

I used this with a ratchet and extension to loosen the oil filter.

I'm still not that good with a clean removal. It was messier than what I had hoped. Maybe I'll improve next time. I let it drain for a few hours while I attended two meetings for my employer. I got out this much out.

UPS arrived with the oil filter, actually five of them. Toyota OEM and these came to about 5 bucks each. I saw a little better deal for 10, but that was not Amazon Prime delivery, and I wanted to do the oil change today.

About 5 1/2 quarts filled her up. I then used a power washer with some Simple Green to clean the spilled oil.

Tomorrow (Friday) I get the hardware from King and also five Gorilla wheel locks. The SPC UCAs and King coil-overs should get installed this weekend.

Last edited by TonyB66; 04-25-2019 at 11:25 PM.
TonyB66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote