Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 08:10 AM

555R is on a distinguished road

555R is on a distinguished road
Care to elaborate on the oversized o rings. Where did you get them. Part number etc. I did notice this was after I added 50watt hid high beams. They are seated tightly however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saker View Post
Hello @555R

More than likely it is the seal on the bulbs not properly seated.
Check to see if the bulbs are loose in the sockets.
I have never had any issues using items from TRS, but had an issue with some high beam LED bulbs from another manufacturer and had to put an oversized "O" ring on the bulb, loosen the 3 screws at the high beam socket on the housing, place the bulb in the socket and retighten the 3 screws.
Condensation issue solved. The bulbs dried the lens out completely and I have not had any condensation issue since.

I can assure you it has nothing to do with the dust covers. They are designed to keep out splash and dust. The bottom of that fixture has a hole in the bottom where the wires run through to the low beam bulb.

If your bulbs are tight, this is what I suggest...... put the OEM bulbs back in, buy some new dust covers and them take it to the dealership and tell them there is condensation forming in your headlights.

Oh, no need for gorilla or any other tape..... Just sayin'
555R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote