Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 03:56 PM

Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light

Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx3s View Post
I just removed them...t40 torx and yes all 5th gens are the same. It’s a PITA with the red loctite. tip, don’t break the screws loose w/o the other pair still in and use PB blaster (or equivalent).

There is a bracket that holds the pair of 2 nuts (where the screws go in) tac welded to the underside of the roof that can break off. If this happens you cannot unscrew them since the nut on the underside of the roof with the bracket will spin freely. I ended up having to take the rear headliner down a little to access the nuts and bracket.

Hard to explain but I will post some pics shortly that should help.

Posted this in a similar thread as well but I'm wondering if this is a design exclusive to the 19' Pro only:

Hey I also just removed my 19' rack but had to be super careful not to lose those brackets in the headliner. I've got the delete kit on now but I'm concerned that when I get my Gobi rack the mounting hardware won't fit that bracket or i"ll lose them in the process. Seems when it arrives I might have to remove the headliner entirely to be able to access all 4 brackets.

Is the 19' Pro the only one with that backing bracket style?
Brick Sprickly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote