View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 03:59 PM

Raptor008v2 is on a distinguished road

Raptor008v2 is on a distinguished road
I've seen this tire in person (LT285/70R17). The actual, physical plies of the tread are: 2 polyester, 2 steel and 2 polyamide (nylon is an example of polyamide). The actual plies of the sidewall are 2 polyester. I've measured the sidewalls of the ATX (again in LT285/70R17) with an outside caliper and got approximately 8.5mm (previously I mentioned it was a little more than that but I've since remeasured and was consistently getting close to 8.5mm). I've got the same size and load rating in the BFG KO2's (3 ply sidewall) and consistently got 9.5mm. So the ATX is close but not quite the same thickness. The ATX is also about 2-2.5 lbs heavier than the KO2 in LT285/70R17. Hope this helps.
2017 4Runner TRD ORP - Barcelona Red // 285/70R17E BFG KO2 // FN F(x) Pros - Matte Black // JBA UCAs // Ironman Foam Cell Pros // Demello Hybrid Sliders // Pelfreybilt Front Bumper - Aluminum // Baja Designs 30" S8 // Baja Designs Squadron Sports // ARB Safari Snorkel // ARB Rear Diff & E-Locker Breather // RCI Engine, Transmission and T-Case Skid Plates - Aluminum
Raptor008v2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote