View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 11:53 PM

BostonJon will become famous soon enough

BostonJon will become famous soon enough
Help - coolant in the valley - why?

Hi everyone-

I’ve searched this forum and others but am having trouble finding any threads that mirror my coolant issue.

1999 SR5 4WD. If the car is being driven daily, I don’t see any coolant leaks. However, it sat all week when I was out of town and there was a decent size puddle of coolant under the car when I got home today. It seemed to be mostly near the rear of the engine so I followed the leak up and noticed there was quite a bit of coolant in the valley between the valve cover and intake - mostly on the driver side. I took off the upper/lower plenum and throttle body to get a better look. None of the hoses were leaking and there was no leak at the block inlet (front) or outlet (firewall). I dried up the coolant in the valley and figured I’d pressure test the system tomorrow. I mowed the grass and as I was putting the mower away, I glanced in the engine bay and there was more coolant in the valley. The engine was never started and hasn’t in over a week. How is coolant seeping into the valley with the car off!?!???

Any ideas?

A few weeks ago I did the valve cover gaskets and had everything apart. This seems to have started at that time or else I never noticed it before because the car never sat for days without being driven.
BostonJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote