Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 02:07 AM

DiracSea is on a distinguished road

DiracSea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibber View Post
I saw that listing last week during my periodic autotrader search for 3 gens. I found my 2001 from the midwest with 128k just over 4 years ago for 5k with a 3yr/30k extended warranty (1.5k of the 5k) thru the dealer.

If it's in decent shape underneath and has been cared for, then go for it if you have the time and money to build it up. Exterior seems to be nice in the pics. I'd drop some dough on the necessities straight away before traveling all over the US in a vehicle of that age though. Good luck!
Unfortunately that listing sold the day before I was going to go check it out. Currently looking at the only other decent 3rd gen in price my range in my area (but the rear bumper has rust in the middle which is a bad sign), two 03 4th gens, and if that fails I'll have to suck it up and get a highlander until a proper SUV comes along. I'm in need of an SUV for commuting to work + the side business transporting and hauling stuff. Thank you for the preventative maintenance list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceye View Post
I definitely saw that listing and that is an incredible 5 speed with what appears to be no rust, unfortunately it's out of my price range. Need something I can buy for 5k tops, preferably around 3k that I can build progressively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMonkey View Post
Congrats on the new job. You'll find your truck. On the right track with the 4runner for your plans. When you do go check out used cars, Chris Fix has a great video (linked) with helpful tips and a list you can print out and bring with you. Even if you know cars, without a list it's too easy to forget stuff in the moment that you should check.

C'mon man, give it up... what IS it ???
Thank you for the tips. Haha I didn't want to yelled at for advertising...but since you asked...I am a co-founder of Aitex. If you've been in the woods, just put on Aitex, wipe it off, and you can forget about a poison ivy/oak rash the next day. It's a lotion for you, your tools, clothes, and even pets to help get poison ivy/oak/sumac off before it causes a rash. Aitex

I always knew toyota's had good resale value, but when that 3rd gen sold I went to go look at tacomas from the same period and couldn't believe the prices haha.
On Monday I need to go check out a likely terrible 3rd gen, two 4th gens that look fine but suspiciously haven't sold for a long time, and if those don't work out, probably a highlander.

Last edited by DiracSea; 05-05-2019 at 02:10 AM.
DiracSea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote