View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 PM

MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold

MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport2004 View Post
do you run that pressure all the way around? Right now i have the same size LT M's and run 33 in the rear and 35 front. Currently not trailerng or carrying extra weight in the rear. i rotate every 5K miles. wear and ride comfort is fine. if i'm doing something wrong, it sure doesn't show, but i do have the impression Michelin quality has something to do with that.

if no-one can chime in on whether this is wrong, i will probably call Michelin and/or research elsewhere.
You should ask them anyway, I suppose they will reply something in the 42-44 range. They will calculate it so as to ensure the same % of spare capacity that the OEM P-metric tire had.

Driving lower first eliminates that safety buffer.

You can bet they will say it is wrong to run them at 35/33 because at those pressures the capacity is decreased by a lot (but then there is the issue of what size one is running).

People get away with a lot but I did drive over a burst MT from a Jeep on the highway last week. My non-expert understanding is that driving LTs on the highway consistently under 35 if really pushing it.

I am sure there is a way to calculate the load capacity at various pressures.
(6112s/650lb at 1.25"-1.5" lift, 8100 rear with Bilstein B12 1.5" springs, Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 LTE 265 70 17, RCI set of front 3/16 skids, Shrockworks step sliders and 3/16 steel gas tank skid, C4Fab rear diff skid, Rockmen rear LCAs, Total Chaos rear LCA bracket skids, Diode Dynamics SS3 white fog lights).
MAST4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote