Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:45 PM

sport2004 is on a distinguished road

sport2004 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAST4R View Post
You should ask them anyway, I suppose they will reply something in the 42-44 range. They will calculate it so as to ensure the same % of spare capacity that the OEM P-metric tire had.

Driving lower first eliminates that safety buffer.

You can bet they will say it is wrong to run them at 35/33 because at those pressures the capacity is decreased by a lot (but then there is the issue of what size one is running).

People get away with a lot but I did drive over a burst MT from a Jeep on the highway last week. My non-expert understanding is that driving LTs on the highway consistently under 35 if really pushing it.

I am sure there is a way to calculate the load capacity at various pressures.
Well, the convo with the Michelin CSR did not inspire confidence. She told me the PSI without asking which tire, though she did ask the size. So, the first response was 33 psi front/rear.

Then I told here they were LT's, and she said 44 psi front/rear. Even though I did not like how the call went, her advice seems consistent with what is recommended here.

Another thing, the dealer rotates and corrects inflations every 5K miles, and they aren't paying attention either...???!!! The sidewall indicates "X RADIAL LT 2"...hard to miss.

Gotta Start Somewhere 2004, V6 Sport 4WD (French Speaking), All LED interior lights, LED reverse lights, Weathertech-laser cut floor mats up front, 2nd row Weathertech-laser cut floor mats , OEM Extreme cargo liner, 4LO aint hap'nin
sport2004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote